When we arrive in Kenya our immediate focus will be the construction of a building to house the tractor and implements - all being shown above. You can see the size of the tractor - John is 6'2".
Top left: Massey Ferguson 590; Top right: Plow; Middle left: Seed planter; Middle right: Harrow; Bottom center: Copy of a post-hole digger photo (we didn't get a photo of ours).
We have known for several years that we needed to get a tractor in order to establish a business that would make the Widows’ Farm self-sustaining. We have learned to wait until we sense God’s timing for whatever we do. When we do this He meets ALL the needs we have for any situation; and above. When we finally sensed it was time, we let people know our vision and financial need. For the first time in our ministry we actually solicited financial support. The response was nearly overwhelming. AND! He not only supplies our financial needs but also supplies for and meets other unexpected situations. He will not let anything get in the way of His plans.
Following are ways He has and is providing:
- We found a company in the UK that takes used tractors and TOTALLY restores them so they are as if new; a substantial savings over a new tractor.
- The company’s specialty is crating and shipping farm equipment to Kenya!
- The tractor was much bigger than anticipated so it wouldn’t fit into the crate unless the wheels were removed. Problem – we have no human resources in Kenya that can put the wheels back onto the tractor. Solution – another customer is sending a something to Kenya at the same time. A larger crate is available; one that will hold both our and the other customer's shipment, and both loads will be shipped together. The shipping costs are now less than before!
- A man in our church in the UK, who farms 1,000 acres and has a great interest in our project, will be training our dear friend and colleague Jeremy, how to drive the tractor and use the equipment prior to his meeting up with us in Kenya in December.
- We will be able to construct a building to house the tractor and implements.
- We have need of a tractor operator; it is specialized equipment. We have interviewed a man who has 20 years experience operating tractors; he will be moving back to Kisumu/Kadawa; he is potentially the man we need.
- We knew of no one to receive the tractor and equipment at Mombasa or anyone to transport it across the nation. The folks who restored the tractor have a man there who will take care of it all for us. This way we will be charged an honest fee and it will arrive safely.
- Safe flights that are on time;
- Our health while in Kenya;
- For Marty as she prepares to lead a prophetic team to Rwanda in January;
- Safe travels for the tractor and implements to Mombasa, Kenya and from there
- That we will finish all that we have planned to do while there.
- Wisdom in pacing ourselves.